MURIC Says They Will No Longer Sue Falz: We Will Take HIM To The Appropriate Authorities.

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

 MURIC Says They Will No Longer Sue Falz: We Will Take HIM To The Appropriate Authorities., Deoi8DmU8AA0tJS

The Muslim Rights Concern(MURIC) in a recent statement stated that they will no longer sue Falz over His This Is Nigeria Video

Falz whom, after they threatened him defended the video and did not think he had any cause to Honour MURIC’s Threats, which he implied was baseless.

The Muslim Rights Concern finally has a reply for Falz.

Stating that their sudden decision to no longer sue but take him to the right authorities is not a U-turn at all, but, a change in tactic.

The statement read

 In view of the intervention of well-meaning Nigerians, counseling from several quarters and commitments given by us to those who interfaced with us on this matter, an emergency meeting of MURIC’s Think-Tank was convened on Sunday, June 10, 2018 to review the situation and resolved to drag the artist to government agencies saddled with the responsibility of censoring films and videos. It is not a U-turn but a sudden change in tactics’.

Below is the full statement 

The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) last week resolved to sue Folarin Falana (Falz the Bahd Guy), a Nigerian artist, who produced the video song titled ‘This is Nigeria’ in which a Fulani man was seen beheading somebody. The video also featured hijab-wearing female choreographers dancing the ‘shaku-shaku’ (a dance associated with drug). A seven-day ultimatum was given for the withdrawal of the video and an apology failing which a legal tussle would be launched.

Our office has since been inundated with solidarity visits, while our telephone lines have been flooded with a deluge of calls from members, friends, well-wishers, journalists and other concerned Nigerians, majority of whom are of the Islamic faith.

In view of the intervention of these well-meaning Nigerians, counseling from several quarters and commitments given by us to those who interfaced with us on this matter, an emergency meeting of MURIC’s Think-Tank was convened on Sunday, June 10, 2018 to review the situation.

In deference to pleas made by well-meaning Nigerians, in order to keep faith with our avowed motto (Dialogue, Not Violence) and to further confirm that MURIC is a listening, mature and responsible organization committed to promoting peace in Nigeria, the Think-Tank resolved to drag the artist to government agencies saddled with the responsibility of censoring films and videos. It is not a U-turn but a sudden change in tactics.

This will have a more enduring impact not only on Falz but the entire entertainment industry. It will also make the agencies sit up to their responsibilities and inject a huge dose of discipline in the music and film industries in general.

Is Falz This is Nigeria Video really as Bad as MURIC has painted it or is this just a religious bias view?!!!

Share.

About Author

A Proficient and prolific Writer of all things intriguing and breathtaking. A girl has many "Phfaces"

Leave A Reply