The Koko master turns a year older!!! But wait. He just might be aging backward, don’t you think?
Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo, aka #D’banj, aka #Bangalee, aka #Ejanla turns 38 years old today. The music star and entrepreneur has been a recipient of numerous awards, home and abroad since he came into the Nigerian music scene.
“The Entertainer” as he likes to call himself got into stardom under the management of record producer and songwriter Don Jazzy, back then when there was a Mo’hits Records (now Mavin Records). Sometime in 2012, they broke off, with D’banj leaving for the USA where he got hooked with Kanye West’s G.O.O.D Music, a partnership that didn’t last long.
I personally would consider the former harmonica player and Mo’hits star one of the smartest in the music industry and here’s one reason why:
The Nigerian star who discreetly got married to his beautiful wife Lineo Didi Kilgrow, has been able to put his family away from public scrutiny. I mean, get noses out of your personal business and get them stuck to your entertainment. Now, that’s smart.
Fun and not-so-fun facts about D’banj:
- His stage name D’banj is a combination of his name- Dapo Daniel Oyebanjo,
- He has a military background like his late father,
- He lost his 17-year-old brother (Femi) and father to a plane crash,
- He used to be a “corporate” garri seller which he called “Koko Garri”,
- He was raised in the church and played the harmonica which also brought him to the limelight,
- He had a rift with singer-songwriter and record producer, Don Jazzy, then he left Mo’hits Records,
- He acquainted with Kanye West and got signed into G.O.O.D. Music, after which he released hit song Oliver twist.
- He got married secretly in 2016 and now has a beautiful son.
Fun fact 4 got me smiling. To think that fans laughed at D’banj for selling garri back in 2015, and now garri is being packaged and sold, even exported. Lol…things and people do change.
Check out a cute picture of Bangalee’s wife and son:
Aren’t they beautiful? *lovestruck*
We wish #KokoMaster a better and happier new year!