Soft, luscious lips are what everybody wants. But somehow, you ended up with the shorter stick. If you are wondering why your lips seem to be dry, chapped, and pigmented – there are a lot of things that cause these problems. But it does not mean that’s the way your lips have to be. A few simple home remedies are all you need to get softer, smoother, and pinker lips.
What Causes Dry And Pigmented Lips?
Your lips are extremely sensitive, susceptible to everything you do and everything you are exposed to. Exposing yourself to the sun and pollution, not drinking enough water, consuming too much caffeine, and smoking can lead to dry and pigmented lips.
Caution: Some of the ingredients used may trigger an allergic reaction. Make sure that you perform a patch test before using any of the treatments, and use the recommended ingredients at your discretion.
1. Lip Balm And Toothbrush
You Will Need
- Lip balm with a thick consistency
- Soft-bristled toothbrush
- Apply a thick layer of lip balm to your lips. Leave it on for a while so that your lips can absorb the moisture. This will make exfoliating easier.
- Using a toothbrush, gently massage your lips in circular motions.
- Dip a washcloth in warm water and wipe off the lip balm.
- Apply a thin layer of balm if your lips feel dry.
How Often Do You Need To Do This
You need to exfoliate your lips once a week.
Why This Works
Regular exfoliation removes the dead layer of cells, leaving you with softer lips. It also helps with pigmentation, since the topmost layer of cells gets pigmented due to exposure to the sun, pollution, and other factors
Caution: Exfoliating too often can abrade your lips, leaving them raw and exposed. Make sure that you don’t scrub too often or for too long.