Reno Omokri’s Tweet Claiming The
Nigerian Army Never Flogged Innocent Citizens Under GEJ Sparks Uproar On Twitter- Photos
The Special Assistant to President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan on New Media, Reno Omokri on twitter for an online campaign, tweeted that under President Goodluck Jonathan, the Nigerian Army has never flogged any innocent citizen. Not too long after he made this statement, Nigerians took to twitter to blast him suggesting he was a liar.
This was Reno Omokri’s tweet: “Under Jonathan soldiers never flogged innocent Nigerians on the street #canyourcandidatesaysame”
Here are some tweets by Nigerians blasting Reno Omokri’s tweet:
1. @Buggari said: “i can’t forget how they beat and disturbed students about 2 yrs ago in ijebu ode”
2. @Ayourb who calls himself the Godfather and a Politically Concious Nigerian Gentleman said: Reno needs to keep up the facade of working, you can’t blame him. Working to sell a useless govt is not an
3. @Moonchild509 said: don’t know what Nigeria you live in but soldiers abuse people every day at checkpoints.
4. @Doubleballz said: “in keffi,dey shoot and killed 4 students in 2013 for protesting lack of water in the campus”
5. @Le_stylo recounts an event which happened two months ago by tweeting: “When 2 soldiers still made a man crawl in the gutter at Mile2 just 2 months ago.”
6. @abbeyaro said: you are right they didn’t flog they only whipped people like horse. The incidence on ikorodu rd is still fresh
7. @Lizabs68 said: “Comparing Military to democracy? Gej remains the most corrupt we ever seen.”
8. Another user with the handle @ifyclose2 said: ha ha ha ha….Reno will soon say “Under Jonathan, Kim Kardashian and Kanye got married”.