Download with Safari web browser
This is the most easy and highly practiced method to download YouTube videos on Mac OSX. The technique does not require you to download and install any third party utility to get the thing done. If you are a regular user of Safari web browser, you should not have a hitch in trying it out. But if you are not, you have to switch to this Apple’s very own web browser, at least for YouTube. See the instructions below to get started.
- Open your Safari web browser and log on to YouTube.com
- Navigate to your desired content and pause the video just after it starts playing
- Let the progress bar reach to the end and then click Window in the menu bar
- Locate the entry similar to the name of video you have opened and click it
- The video will start downloading